After the MRBA’s 40th anniversary last year, the association wanted to expand its remit to provide financial assistance to younger researchers and those new to our profession. As a result, MRBA Skills was born and launched last September.
Initially we are providing up to 20 annual bursaries for researchers interested in taking the MRS’ Advanced Certificate in Market and Social Research Practice. As a needs-based organisation we are targeting individuals, smaller agencies (less than £2million turnover) as well as research and client teams with research and insight budgets of less than £200K per annum. If you haven’t done so already, please visit our website www.mrba.org.uk/skills to find out more about our eligibility criteria and application process.
Thanks to all of you who have helped spread the word about MRBA Skills so far. But we need more help from across the industry to encourage those who will benefit to apply. Here are several things you can do:
- Put an article or statement on your website about MRBA Skills with a link to our website mrba.org.uk/skills
- Encourage people who may be eligible and are interested to see our short video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsYPWh1UkX8&feature=youtu.be Read more
- Place our banner ad on your website which links to our website with more information. We can work with you to size the banner appropriately. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
- Circulate our information sheet round to your teams by emailing email@example.com for a copy.
- Display our postcard in your common areas for staff to pick up. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how many you would like
- Invite someone from the MRBA Skills team to come and present to your researchers by emailing email@example.com
So, if anyone of your team is considering enrolling in the MRS Advanced Certificate and needs help with the cost of fees, we want to hear from them. Please email us in total confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. One of our team will get back to them to discuss their eligibility and answer any questions. The bursary scheme is open all year, but the next round of applications is from 19th October 2018 until 15 March 2019.