Other ways to support
MRBA totally depends on the financial support from individuals as well as organisations from across our industry to continue our work. In addition, we organise several fundraising initiatives ourselves where we ask the industry to support us. These include our annual online auction and our ‘Helping Researchers in Need’ Fundraising Week.
Attend our 40th Anniversary Celebration in London 4th October 2017
Join us for our 40th Anniversary Celebration in London on 4th October from 6:30pm – 10:30pm
Tickets for the evening are £40 each and we hope that you – and those you know – will be keen to come along and celebrate with us. There will be drinks, canapés and the chance to mingle with colleagues. The venue is ‘M’ for Montcalm Hotel, Tonic & Remedy Room, 151-157 City Road, London EC1V 1JH.
Many of the key figures in the market research industry will be there, along with many hardworking fundraisers who have done so much to help researchers in need. The MRBA is hugely grateful for the generosity and commitment from our loyal donors and supporters which has meant we have helped over 1000 market researchers in the past 40 years. So please put the date in your diary now! Tickets for the party can be purchased through our Donations page by clicking here
Please add MRBA 40th when asked for a donor message so that the funds can be correctly applied. See you then!
We are appreciative of our 16 sponsors who have agreed to help us with the costs of this event so that we can continue to broaden the scope of our work ‘Helping Researchers in Need’ in the future. Our special 40th Anniversary Sponsors include:
Acumen Fieldwork, Chime Insight and Engagement Group, Criteria Fieldwork, GfK/NOP, Hall and Partners, i-View London, Kantar TNS, Kantar World Panel, Language Connect, Network Research, Norstat, QRi Consulting, QuenchTec, Research Now, Ronin and RP Translate.
Support MRBA Fundraising Week 16-20 October 2017
Following the tremendous success from our first ever MRBA ‘Helping Researchers in Need’ Fundraising Week in 2015, we are organising another Fundraising Week from October 16-20.
Thanks to the help and support of almost 70 organisations across UK market research, we raised over £17,000 last time. Previous champions told us that it was a great way to bring staff across their organisations together.
As part of our 40th anniversary this year we aim to raise a total of £40K and hope this Fundraising Week contributes about half of our overall goal for the year.
Sign up today by emailing email@example.com
All previous MRBAWeek Champions have been contacted with more details. If your organisation was unable to help us last time, we’d love it if you could participate this year! It’s easy to get involved. All you have to do now is sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and then start thinking about how you might be able to raise some money for us between now and October. You could plan anything from:
- Holding a coffee morning or cake sale to organising a ‘Great British Bake-off Challenge’
- Hosting a Pot Luck lunch, fancy dress competition, raffle or quiz
- Planning a sponsored run, cycle race or walking 1 million steps within the week
- Collecting money in a charity bucket in your reception area or at events; or have a ‘guess the number of sweets in a jar’
We’ll be providing fundraising ideas and offering additional support materials shortly. So watch out for our regular emails and news on social media.
Support our annual online auction each Spring
Every year we run an online fundraising auction in March/April to coincide with the MRS Conference. Please support us by taking part. Our 2017 auction raised just over £7K. The next auction will be in held in 2018 and we’ll put up details of how to register closer to the time.
Donations are always needed. The types of lots that raise the most money for us include:
- A stay in your holiday home or let
- Bottles of fine wine, champagne and spirits or food hampers
- Special services like pamper and spa days, garden design, meals out, etc
- Difficult to get tickets for sporting events or other performances
To pledge an auction donation at any time during the year email email@example.com
Spread the word
There are still people in the market research industry who do not know what we do. You, your team and your company can help ‘Spread the word’ by:
- Inviting us to present to your staff or mentioning our services at all new staff inductions – our presentation only takes 15 minutes
- Adding a link from our website to yours and we’ll do the same for you
- Downloading our information sheet and arranging a staff mailing
- Running an advertisement about us in your publication or on your website
- Promoting what we do and our fundraising events in your internal publications/intranet
- Displaying a poster or leaflet about us in your common areas
- Recommending a colleague with financial difficulties to contact us
Leave a legacy
Leaving a legacy to the MRBA in your will is a meaningful way to make a worthwhile contribution. It doesn’t require any immediate financial outlay because it will all be handled out of your estate when the time comes, but it will provide us with a long-term benefit.
With your support we can:
- Guard against future financial uncertainty
- Plan ahead with more confidence
- Continue to support those most in need
You can make a gift of a specified amount, or as a proportion of your estate, or bequest specific items, property or shares. If you already have a will, your solicitor can add a ‘codicil’ adding in your donation without re-writing it. If you do not have a will, or plan to update your will soon, please consider leaving a legacy to the MRBA by contacting your solicitor.
“The industry has been good to me so to give something back, I wanted to leave a legacy in my will… ” says long-time MRBA ‘Friend’ Nigel Spackman. “It’s pretty easy and straightforward and you can increase the amount as I did over the years… The MRBA is keen to know if you are planning to leave a legacy because it demonstrates that their messages are getting through. I hope more colleagues out there will think about doing just that.”
For more information download our information sheet.
Donate ‘in memory’
Another way to support us is to band together with others and donate a sum of money ‘in memory’ of a colleague from the industry.
Please contact Danielle Scott our Secretary/Treasurer on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Fundraise for us
Whether you like to run or cycle, sing or dance, bake a cake or climb a mountain, or host a raffle, why not have some fun and raise money for the MRBA at the same time?
The annual MRS Golf Day in July raises a significant amount of money for us every summer by contributing some of the greens fees and selling raffle tickets.Could you or your organisation do something similar?
How to get started
- Choose a fundraising challenge – such as running a marathon, trying to break a world record, organising a bake or car boot sale.
- Set up a fundraising website page with Virgin Money or Just Giving and follow their instructions then you can share with your friends, family and colleagues by email and social media.
- Participate in MRBA Fundraising Week October 16-20, 2017 – just sign up by emailing email@example.com and giving us your MRBA Champion contact details so we can keep in touch and support your efforts. More details to come closer to the time.